Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Fire hazards with oil finishes

In article , Greg D. wrote:
[snip]

Unfortunately, each time I do it, I end up clarifying my initial post
because people don't read it (or don't make the effort to understand)
or they try to make me say something I never said.

I believe it was William Zinsser, in "On Writing Well," who said that the
purpose of writing is not to make yourself understood -- but to make it
impossible to be misunderstood.

In other words, 9.9 times out of 10, it's a complete waste of time
because it won't turn out anything useful aside from a great amount of
sarcams and false assumptions when it's not just plain insults.

If you find that your writing is so consistently misunderstood, that should
perhaps suggest which direction you should explore to correct the problem.

--
Regards,