Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] indago@copper.net is offline

Default Electrical subpanel- wire directly to meter?

John Gilmer wrote:

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
You can have as many main panels as you like, just no more than six

service
disconnects, but the question Joe appears to be asking is if it meets code
to tap a second panel directly off the meter

OK, we seem to be singing off the same sheet of music.

Seems to me that answer is YES.

I agree that a sub panel is just that: a sub panel, from the main panel. Concerning the power
disconnect, this is for fire safety. When the fireman goes to the house, if he wants to disconnect
the electricity, in most cases he opens the meter box on the outside of the house, and pulls the
meter out of the socket. This cuts of the power to the house.