Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Drill Press - Mobile Base??

"David Bridgeman" wrote in message
. ..
I just bought the JET 17" floor model at the local dealer open house. One
of the displays was on a mobile base. Both the dealer and the JET rep.
advised against using one. I initially didn't think about it but it is
pretty top heavy. Does any one have any good or bad experiences with the
floor model DP on a mobile stand?

Dave

I have a 17" DP on a mobile stand that I made. At the corners of the stand,
I mounted 1/2" bolts that I screw down to stabilize the stand.
In the rare circumstance that I want to move the DP, I retract the bolts and
move the DP *very carefully*. I can e-mail you a photo if you wish.

Max
--
Want change? Vote out the incumbents.