Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Door stay problem - please help!

wrote:
Thanks Sir B, but it looks a bit like the type of stay that is
designed for upvc doors. Do you know if this will definitely work on
aluminium doors?

I don't, but I'm not sure why this type of latch is unsuitable for Ally
type doors?

The type you really want is the concealed flush latching to floor type.
This type is a recessed latch thats flipped out and reveals a bolt at the
bottom of the door and locks into a square/round plate that is also
recessed into the floor.
It primarily used in offices/large halls/hospitals to keep the doors open
when needed.
For the life of me I don't know what this type is called?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite