Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Junction Boxes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message .uk...
Hi All

A customer I was working for last week wants me to go back & move a

light
fitting in their bungalow. Only needs to be moved by about 4 ft.

Haven't looked at the ceiling rose yet (very high ceiling), but

whilst in
the loft I had a look at the 'back' of it and saw 4 x 1.5mm cables

going to
it. None of them are long enough to reach the new location.

One must be the power in, one the power out and one the switch - but

what
about number 4? As far as I can see it's the second from last light

in the
building. It's all fairly new wiring as it's in an extension built

a few
years ago.

I'll need to mark & note the way the cables are connected and fit a

junction
box, but what type? 4 or 6 terminal? And would I be better off

with a 20
or 30 amp to give more room for all those cables?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Could the 'extra' wire feed a second ceiling rose that comes on at the
same time (ie two lights)

AWEM