Posted to alt.home.repair
Climb14er Climb14er is offline

Default Ten or Twelve Inch Sliding Miter Saw?

It seems like the ten inch is a lot less bulky than the twelve inch.

Does the group feel this is the case?

I'll be using the saw on a time to time basis, taking it out, working on a
project, then putting it away.

Any other advantages to the twelve over the ten other than cutting thicker
wood?

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message
I've got a 12" Dewalt Slider. It's a nice saw, however, I'm not getting
rid of my 10" non-sliding saw. The 12" is a heavy pig, and it's the ****s
to move around. If you don't have a stand for it, becomes even more of a
pain in the ass. It is a time saver though. I can slap six 2x4's on it
and cut them all at once.

The 12" is good when you're going to set it up and use it for awhile, but
a pain if you just need to get it out to do a few cuts. You could save a
few $$ and just get the 10" saw. Just depends on what you think you need.

"Climb14er" wrote in message
news:XOGdnRivgt9eSqfYnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@forethought. net...
I'm about to purchase either a Bosch ten or twelve inch double compound
sliding miter saw for the house.

Crown mouldings, railings, flooring deck and fence work.

The ten inch is lighter. Do you recommend the ten or twelve inch saw?
Why?

Thanks!