Posted to alt.home.repair
selfsuficient selfsuficient is offline

Default pellet stove- room too small for sqft rating?

If you have multi rooms and have a forced-air furnece circulate the
heat using just the furnece squalcage fan,it pulls the air in the stove
room and eventually it will even out the heat thruout the house plus
your only using the low draw fan and doing this on low stove setting
for the most part although you may need to kick it up until the house
gets comfortable...works great.

Keith wrote:
I have a small area (~500 sqft) that I'd like to heat with a pellet stove.
The smallest pellet stove I can find is rated for 1500sqft; I know that
with whole-house HVAC that you need to size the unit appropriate to keep it
from kicking on and off too much (and getting uneven HVAC as a result)- is
the same true with pellet stoves? I don't mind if it goes through fuel
slower (bonus for me) but I don't want to fry that room or do something
that might hurt the pellet stove itself.

I welcome any advice.

Thanks,
Keith