Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Habeas Corpus is no longer

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:56:21 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
..
.
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Nixon, who you categorize as slimey, opened access to Red China and
ended
the Viet Nam war, yet he is villified for trying to jack with the
Democrats. Oh well.

Maybe I was hallucinating, but I seem to recall our embassy staff
being
hustled off a rooftop in a helicopter. Nixon had no choice but to end
the
war.

That was something like two years after most of the troops had left,
peace accords had been signed, etc... except of course for the Marines
of the Embassy Guards.

I'd relate a scary theory about that war, but I don't think you'd believe
it. I didn't, either.

Thanks for sparing me that (g).

If you're curious, read this first - it's orderly and easy to digest:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

These revelations have fueled the debate about whether the Gulf of Tonkin
incident really happened as advertised. After all, the same nut-cases were
still bouncing around the Pentagon. Since the Northwoods thing never came to
fruition, they were still looking to kick some commie ass, and needed a
reason.

WHAT "debate"? It's on the record that the incident never happened as
advertised. Johnson is on record as agonizing whether to go ahead and
pretend it happened -- or be honest.

History tells us his decision.

As do the families of the 58,000 killed and hundreds of thousands
crippled for life, physically and psychologically. Not to mention the
millions of Vietnamese killed and wounded, and their land sterilized
by Agent Orange.

Anybody remember how hard Ho Chi Minh* tried to get us as an ally
against China? And how the striped pants set in the State Department
simply disregarded communications from Ho, a Head of State -- oh that
little guy with the wispy beard, in the black pajamas.

* a much-traveled, well-educated, sophisticated leader who was a great
admirer of the U.S. ; modeled his Constitution after ours.

Santayana: Those who do not study history are doomed to relive it.