Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Briggs/Stratton 3.5 hp

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:00:57 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..
Wait till dark night time. Screw the plug out. snap the plug back into
the end of the plug wire. Pull safety handle down, and then yank the
rip cord. With no plug, there is no compression, so the motor spins
fine. Look at the gap of the plug to see if you see spark. Easier to
see in the dark night time.

The other guy is right, try a squirt of ether on the air filter (not
into the spark hole). See if it runs on ether.

A squirt of gas into the air intake works fine also.

All I ever needed. I had pulled the air filter. Watched
while working the bulb which squirted gas into the carb
throat. Damned well know it was getting gas.

Thx,

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in the pot