Posted to rec.woodworking
Earl Creel Earl Creel is offline

Default NOT a whizzing contest

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Earl Creel (in l7q_g.4641$uJ2.860@dukeread03) said:

| Morris I am interested in trying to use endmills to cut mortises.
| What clearance angle do you use? Can you provide a link to the
| specific endmills or a stock number of a KBC Tool endmill you find
| works well?

Here are the end mills from my next most recent KBC order:

1-330-008 1/8" 3-Flute Std Length Center Cutting Carbide $5.00
1-330-016 1/4" 3-Flute Std Length Center Cutting Carbide 9.50
1-326-008B 1/8" 2-Flute Std Length Center Cutting Carbide 7.25

I'd be happy to provide links; but the KBC web site (www.kbctools.com)
doesn't allow. Go to their index (main) page, select Canada or USA,
and plug in a part number corresponding to the type. Once you have the
item listing, you can call up the entire catalog page to see the other
sizes. The "B" at the end of the third item's P/N indicates a ball end
mill (round-nose bit).

I hate KBC's web site - but the good news is that they have a /much/
easier to use hardcopy catalog which, for me, is almost as
pornographic as the LV catalog. The catalog is, of course, free for
the asking...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar