Posted to rec.woodworking
flash flash is offline

Default lazy susan bearing

Hi,

I have been lurking for a while now, picking up lots of useful stuff whilst
building a kitchen using Jim Tolpins book. I'm approaching the home straight
now - after a three month diversion learning how to square up 130 pieces of
oak ( http://www.flashgorman.com/woodwork/work4.jpg ) - and am fitting out
the inside of the cupboards.

I have made some wooden carousels to go in some of the corner cupboards and
have bought some lazy susan bearings to get them to spin.

I have bought some of these
http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/aca...-LazySusan.jpg and can't work
out how to fit them. I have 60cm diameter circles of wood that are mounted
on shelves running from the front to the back of the cupboard. But ...

if I screw the bearings to the circles of wood then I can't get at the screw
holes on the bottom of the bearing to fit them to the shelf. All I can think
of is a bolt running from the underneath of the shelf - but theres not a lot
of room for the nut or drilling holes in the circles of wood to allow access
to the holes on the bootom bearing plate.

I can't help thinking there is an easier way but don't know what. The
bearing plates are pressed together and won't come apart.

TIA

Flash Gorman.
No job too small. Plenty too big. Will write for food.