Posted to uk.d-i-y
westwatchet westwatchet is offline

Default reclaimed parquet flooring - bituman removal ?

First time poster here. A few questions if that's ok. Do I need to
remove the bituman on the back of some of the strips ? Some posts seem
to say yes, some no. If I do need to remove it, how ? Any dissolvers on
the market or just sand them down ? Also lecol 5500 seems the right
thing for me to use when laying, it'll be on a plywood base ( not
concrete ) as it's a second floor flat, does that sound ok. Lastly what
would people suggest to 'finish' it.It needs to be hard-wearing, so I'm
undecided about varnish or wax or linseed oil etc. Any answers
appreciated.