Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.trade.plumbing,pdaxs.services.plumbing
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Question about water pressure in relation to valve and feeder pipe diameters...

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:08:24 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
But pressure is never increased by larger pipes.

The above is totally misleading. The only pressure that is relevant to
the OP is during flow, so that if you wanted to stay relevant then you
should of said.

"The pressure can be increased by larger pipes"

No, it can not. Restrictions are removed, but pressure is not increased,
just decreased less.

Think about that for a minute and once you know the difference, you can cure
the problems easier. Along the same lines, can you make something colder?
No. You can, however, remove heat. The physical differences is of the
utmost importance when dealing with changing pressures or temperatures.
Unless you know what characteristics are the ones affecting your situation,
it is a crap shoot to find a cure.

Bigger pipes do not make more pressure. This is not my opinion, this is the
laws of physics. I didn't write them, but we all must abide by them.

You better go back to the books then. The pressure at the output
end (the end that we are concerned with) of a flowing circuit can be
increased by a larger diameter pipe.

Whether hydraulic or electrical the conduit can restrict flow by
creating pressure drops in a active circuit. The OP will not see this
benefit in pressure but that does not mean it doesn't exist.