Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Loose bricks.

My side door at the carport is the door everyone uses. My house is
brick. Under the door has a layer of brick and then a row of bricks
cut to about half size and are turned outward. This kind of makes a
toenail sticking out from under the door. This layer is covered by
the a wooden frame. Because everyone uses this door, the mortar has
come completely loose on the center few bricks. If I just take morter
and stick the bricks back together I am sure that this won't last very
long.

Anyone have suggestion on how to sturdy up the wooden step before I
redo the brick?