Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Habeas Corpus is no longer

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
Doug Miller wrote:
In article . net,
Norminn wrote:

Only reason Carter was ever conceiveable as President was because we
were in a lather for "small govenment" and he had made Georgia smaller.

Oh, phooey. "Small government" had nothing at all to do with Carter's
election. People were still POed at Nixon over Watergate -- and at Ford
for
pardoning him. *That* is the only thing that ever got that incompetent
boob of
a peanut farmer elected.

Does your pursuit of the truth include reading the autobiography of a
man you obviously hate? If so, read Carter's autobiography. Whether
or not you approved of his leadership, the events that took place
during his administration, whatever, it doesn't matter - he wasn't
incompetent and he wasn't a boob.

You seem to think that the President is some sort of Lone Ranger, able
to singlehandedly direct the course of national and international
events without opposition. The world only works that way in comic
books. You seem to want an infallible leader. No problem, show me the
infallible man and we'll elect him. Deal?

Miller told us he doesn't read books. Save your breath.