Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Electronic Fluorescent Cold Weather Fixtures

Hank Z wrote:
Last winter I purchases four 48" double fixtures and installed them
in my mini barn. I removed the line cords and switches that came with
them and hard wired them in parallel on their own 15 amp circuit.
From day one they were noisy with a pronounced flicker to them. They
seem to alternate from one to the other with almost a strobe effect.
Sometimes they work perfectly and at other times the compressor or
portable heater tends to set them off. Other times they start acting
up on their own.
I am seriously tempted to install my old fixtures.

I assume you are saying that the new lamps that are not working well for
you are electronic cold weather fixtures. Remember that while the best
current technology today seems to be electronic, not all electronic systems
are equal. You tend to get what you pay for.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit