Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet waste pipe - floor mounted!

guv wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:47:16 GMT, EricP
wrote:

snip

You have an S trap and all the new ones are P trap.
I thought you guys were having a laugh here by talking about P's and
S's! Ho hum! ;-)

No, it's the shape of the bends in them. down, around, up, around, and
down: S trap

Down, around, up, and straight away. P trap. )

Yeh, I realised there was a logic in it. But I was thinking of a
different type of reference! :-) I wont go any further! ;-)

snip.

SInce I will also be tiling the floor, is the raising of the floor by
a cm or so, going to cause any problem with the connection to the
waste by being raised slightly?

Not with an S trap. The outlet should go down to the floor to base
level, and if not, every shed has an adapter for about £5. (White
thing like a drainpipe joint with rubber fins inside it.)

Excellent. I was hoping that would be the case.

Many thanks for your help....

Juts remember to full the fins with silicone, cos otherwise it will get
full of ****e..