Posted to misc.consumers.house
frank megaweege frank megaweege is offline

Default Installing a Storm Door

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Tony wrote:
Is this really that difficult to do? Do you guys have any tips for me (other
than to hire someone).?

If you have any skills, this is easy enough. I recently replaced mine, which
the box plainly said was a job for two people. Bull****. I did mine by myself
and had no trouble. Just remove the glass first to lighten the load, if your's
will allow that.

I did this job recently and agree, it's not that difficult.
One note on removing the glass - I finished the whole thing and put the
glass in and found that the latching mechanism was no longer lined up
correctly. I think the door wasn't quite square until the glass was
in. So do the latch last.