Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler sylvan butler is offline

Default Wiring re-model work: NM + nailplates vs. BX behind baseboard

On 20 Oct 2006 10:19:52 -0700, wrote:
I see two options; NM and amored cable. The NM option is use all NM
cable for feeds to outlets, and at every stud, remove the plaster,
snake the cable past the stud, and put a nail plate in. This would

Nasty.

No attic or basement crawlspace?

Why not just open a small hole (outlet box sized) and use a flexible
drill bit to drill thru about 5ft or 6ft of studs to the next place you
need an outlet?

Because I need to get past a few door frames, using all armored cable
seems to make sense. I have seen this trick in several DIY books.

Is there any issue with this approach?

Cost (probably less differnce now than there used to be). Ugly cable
will be in the way at some future point in time. I've used it before.
Sometimes it is the best immediate solution.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com