Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default recycling tv's etc.

"mm" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:40:57 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

I wonder how much additional energy is now
being used worldwide, to heat all of those solder baths up another 40
degrees, heat up all those rework stations another 40 degrees, heat up all
those millions of hand soldering irons another 40 degrees ?

Lead free solder! Does this mean I have to stock up on leaded solder,
for my own use?

Absolutely ! Home use for non-commercial reasons, is not subject to the
diktats of the lead-free solder eco-police ... Commercial items originally
constructed with leaded solder, need not be - and indeed *should* not be -
repaired using lead-free. Go for it fella !!

Arfa