Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default recycling tv's etc.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:40:57 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

I wonder how much additional energy is now
being used worldwide, to heat all of those solder baths up another 40
degrees, heat up all those rework stations another 40 degrees, heat up all
those millions of hand soldering irons another 40 degrees ?

Lead free solder! Does this mean I have to stock up on leaded solder,
for my own use?

How much
additional transport energy to get goods suffering from lead-free bad joints
back to a repair centre, and then back to the customer ? Quite a lot I would
wager, and certainly more than a few wind turbines can make up ...

Arfa

Remove NOPSAM to email me..