Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Need Kitchen Sink suggestions ?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
We have a porcelein on cast iron Kohler. Finish is worn out after 9
years. Will be going with Corian soon but otherwise I would go with a
deep stainless steel double sink drilled at the factory. Consumer
Reports says thickness doesn't matter but my parents have a cheap thin
one and even though the faucet is mounted tightly it flexes because of
the thin stainless steel rim.

Better ones often have some sort of coating underneath, which lowers noise
(from clattering objects in sink, and running water), and, I suspect, help
keeps a sink full of water hot longer, if you're soaking things in one
side and washing in the other.

Even the cheap one has a coating.