Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

wrote:
Lots of complaints about POS tools from Harbor Freight. Why are they
surprised? HF sells cheap. Yout get what you pay for. Like that
lousy Craftsman contractors TS I bought (used). Used it for a while
then got so frustrated that I bought a Delta contractors saw. MUCH
better.

What bugs me is paying good money ($100) for a Porter Cable dovetail
joint router jig, and having it be mediocre. PC cheaped out on the
screws. They stripped out right away. I replaced them with generic
fasteners from my screw bin which have held up much better. The
hold-down bar is made of some new extra-soft steel which forces me to
really crank down on the hold-down screws to get my workpieces steady
(maybe the cause of the screw failure?). I cut myself on burrs on some
of the sheet metal because they weren't deburred properly.

Should bought the expensive jig. Then I would have had more flexibility
and higher quality. I know better than to buy cheap, but sometimes my
wallet does the talking instead of my brain.

One man's trash....... I love my PC dovetail jig.

I wrote in this thread about my horrible Wagner power roller, and
somebody else thought it was great. I guess beauty is in the eye of the
beholder after all!