Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Suggestions for "Beginners Tools/Library"? Christmas Gifts

jk wrote:
What books or tools would you suggest for a beginners library or
woodworking shop? I have some tools, Dewalt DW621 router, Ryobi RAS,
piece of junk table saw, etc. No really good books though.
Assume that the budget is $400. Thanks.
john k.

Can you sell your piece of junk TS now and build up your funds a little
more?

Really, I think a decent table saw is a must if you want to do this
hobby on a semi-regular basis. Look in the used ads, craig's list, etc.
Even if you have to save up a couple more months to get the money.

If you really want to spend the money now, you could get a portable
planer. I think that is more helpful than a drill press. (Unless you
don't have a quality handheld drill).

The problem is, if you buy anything other than a decent tablesaw, that
makes you have to wait longer to get the decent tablesaw.