Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bsa441@gmail.com is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

Lots of complaints about POS tools from Harbor Freight. Why are they
surprised? HF sells cheap. Yout get what you pay for. Like that
lousy Craftsman contractors TS I bought (used). Used it for a while
then got so frustrated that I bought a Delta contractors saw. MUCH
better.

What bugs me is paying good money ($100) for a Porter Cable dovetail
joint router jig, and having it be mediocre. PC cheaped out on the
screws. They stripped out right away. I replaced them with generic
fasteners from my screw bin which have held up much better. The
hold-down bar is made of some new extra-soft steel which forces me to
really crank down on the hold-down screws to get my workpieces steady
(maybe the cause of the screw failure?). I cut myself on burrs on some
of the sheet metal because they weren't deburred properly.

Should bought the expensive jig. Then I would have had more flexibility
and higher quality. I know better than to buy cheap, but sometimes my
wallet does the talking instead of my brain.