Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default Porcelain floor tiles

guv wrote:

They ARE the same colour all the way through. But I wouldnt describe
them as glassy. I suppose I would say one of the samples could have
that description applied, but not the other 3. They are more textured
- but I would have to say, the tiles are matt not smooth on the
surface either.

I think they sound just like our porcelain tiles.

One other thing of note. Whilst they are only small samples, I do
think they are relatively light. Of course that observation may just
be subjective to their size. I wouldnt say they are heavier than I
would expect a ceramic to be. Do you think it should be?

They should be a similar weight to glass :-)

I will try to have a look around at the weekend at alternatives, but
they are looking more promising after seeing your comments.

I think they are worth a closer look. See if you can get a whole one,
then try to break it.

I am also thinking about underfloor heating.... but will ask that in a
seperate thread! Its a simple question of the undertile surface (which
is a plasticy looking tile) and connecting to the mains. I'll explain
further..... look out for "Laying under tile floor heating" . ;-)

No idea what you mean. We put in UFH under our porcelain tiles, it was nice.

--
Grunff