Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Lowes reselling returned merchandise

In article , Scott en Aztlán writes:
said in misc.consumers:

I would take it back to Lowes and explain what happened. They might be
able to trace the previous buyer. They also might still give you a
replacement.

It's also possible that they will assume that YOU are the one who
pulled the switch. Unfortunately, you can't prove that you didn't.
That could result in an uncomfortable situation, especially if they
call the cops on you...

Yep, that's what immediately came to our minds (except for the cop
part). There's no way to prove that we're not the shifty *******s trying to
pull the switch. It's what makes it even MORE annoying. By shoving the
merchandise back onto the shelf to be resold, they basically set an innocent
customer up to look like a thief. And even if we HAD the reciept, this is the
case. Argh!
(And even if they refuse to exchange it for us, I'm going to state this
in a letter to HQ, because this is a fair complaint.)

- Sharon
"Gravity... is a harsh mistress!"