Posted to misc.consumers.house
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default Humming sound coming from an exterior wall

wrote:
GREAT suggestions! I'm not sure about the radon blower...I'll have to
check with my husband on that one. I'm hoping to find something out
soon. Last night I had to sleep on the sofa because it was driving me
nuts. My husband can only hear it when he listens for it...in other
words it does not disturb his sleep. Let's see...between getting up
with THAT sound a new baby...yeah, I'm a happy camper with all the
sleep I'm getting!

Another possibility is . . . bees. You could probably test that one by
knocking on the wall where you hear the sound and see if the sound
changes. -- H