Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default A suitable stand for 12" sliding compound miter saw

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi~I want adding a portable stand for my 12" Sliding Compound Miter
Saw. Do you think I should carry a folding stand or a universal stand?
Every common is welcome, thanks.

Segmented turning?

I think Black and Decker and others have already made a universal and
folding stand called a Workmate or similar. If you put your saw on a board
which can be clamped in the dogs on top or with a top and cleat which can be
clamped between tables you'll have a pretty good one. Just used mine this
morning to hold the router table I used for rounding over the oak pieces I
cut for a project for my daughter. My benchtop tools all have capabilities
to be clamped on the Workmate.

Great saver of floor space.