Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hall Dave Hall is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:25:46 GMT, "JimR" wrote:

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
Nova wrote in news:JRsZg.5355$AR6.5341@trndny02:

bf wrote:

R. Pierce Butler wrote:

Anything B&D.

99% of what's in Harbor Frieght.

Anybody remember WEN tools...

Somebody, and it may have even been me, years ago, bought an electric WEN
chain saw. That POS was certainly in the running for the prize. Ugh!
Wouldn't cut anything right.

Patriarch

I don't have a major need for a chainsaw, just a little trimming now
and then. A few years ago I came across a WEN electric chainsaw at a
garage sale for $5 so I bought it. For me it does everything I need a
chainsaw for. The big problem was finding a chain for it as the old
one was dull and had been badly sharpened more than once. Nobody had
the chain or even the specs for the chain. Finally (after I had really
stopped trying to find a chain) I found one hanging on a wall at an
older hardware store. It was in an old dirty package and was on
clearance at 75% off. The guy was amazed that I bought it and said it
had been on that clearance rack for a couple of years. He went in the
back to see if they had any more, but it was the only one. Anyway, as
I have never used any other electric chainsaw I don't have any
comparison, but this little WEN (with its new chain) does what I need
(even though that ain't saying much).

Dave Hall