Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Table Saw Winter Storage

"Student" wrote in message
ups.com...

I figure, I can take the aluminum rails and accessory table off, and
detach the TS with the motor from its base, and then it becomes small
enough so I could store it inside.

I wouldn't do this if I was comfortable taking the belt off. Well
taking it off is probably the easy part, what concerns me is puting it
back on, proper tensioning and such. If someone explains to me how to
do it right I'll probably do it and leave the TS in the shed.

There should be no tensioning to the belt. Lift the motor and it will pivot
so you can easily remove the belt. Then, you can remove the motor. Reverse
the procedure to install it. The weight of the motor will tension the belt.

--

-Mike-