Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default A Bit OT - Satellite & Terrestrial TV in West Cork, Ireland

drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

If RTE1 and 2 are still on VHF in your area, you need a box section VHF
antenna (it's 2 dipoles and a square reflector)

What's wrong with a simple multi element Yagi array For Band three
then?...

Not commonly available from what I've seen and is a bit unweildy. The
boxy twin element [1] is fairly common and works well, but as Adrian is
apparently served by UHF on all channels it's no longer relevant.

[1] Memory nudged, so I had a look at mine; it's a boxy dipole with twin
vertical reflectors.
--

Dave