Robin S.

Default reamers

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
I readily admit that the problems of which I
speak are rarely an issue for the vast majority of the work we all do.

But that is really the issue, isn't it? You must have frequently done work
in which the hole was the *main* feature in the part. Those who frequent
this group, and _many_ manufacturing industries do not have a need for holes
which are required to be bored and perhaps honed.

Frequently, holes are used for fastening and location. Coming from a die
making perspective, I would say that 90-99% of the holes produced by a
toolmaker are used for these purposes. As such, although you're right, folks
should understand that although there are applications for the holes you're
talking about, most of us will never have such a need.

On that note, is there a reasonably visible industry that uses, what I would
call, super finished holes? Perhaps for things like cylinders in engines and
bearing producers? Any thing else?

Regards,

Robin