Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] amynicole21@yahoo.com is offline

Default Installing wood fence and keeping existing chain link

We had a reputable fencing company install our beautiful new wood
fencing with a footprint that was inside the existing chain link fence
perimeter by about 12". We believe that the chain link is either owned
by the county (it is adjacent to an access road) or the neighbors, so
it was easier just to leave it there. The fence company installed the
fence "good side in" which was against code in my county. They also
neglected to secure a permit. We received a citation, and now need to
have the fence turned around. But, the fence company claims they
cannot put the good side out and still attach the planks to the posts
due to the existing chain link. I guess there isn't enough room to get
in between and nail it in place. Has anyone had experience with this?
I need to get it corrected, and I'm thinking that we may have to remove
the chain link somehow or bring the whole thing in another foot in
order to get this accomplished. Either way, it doesn't sound like an
easy fix.

Thanks in advance.