Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:06:00 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On 19 Oct 2006 09:37:10 -0700, "boorite" wrote:

Prometheus wrote:
On 18 Oct 2006 11:17:26 -0700, "boorite" wrote:

I didn't buy it, but I have had the frustrating experience of using one
of the new B&D jigsaws with the plastic wheel for locking down the
baseplate, which completely ruins the tool. A wing nut would be vastly
better.

How could they "ruin" a B&D jigsaw? I've got one I bought a few years
ago for a one-off job, and it is the most useless POS there ever was.
Can't wreck something that is already broken beyond repair.

It makes the blade go up and down, which I suppose would make it able
to cut something, if the stupid footplate would stay put.

You would think that would be the case. But as I found with an
equivalently poor Crapsman jig saw, just making a blade go up and down does
not necessarily mean that the blade will actually *cut* wood. The Crapsman
I had appeared to more or less vibrate and scream the wood out of the kerf.
I'm not sure how such a simple process could be screwed up, but Sears's
manufacturer figured out a way to do it. Thing wouldn't even cut pine even
when equipped with good high quality blade.

Probably made by Black and Decker, with the Craftsman name slapped on
the case.

Gotta love the way the blade tilts to 45 degrees the second it touches
wood. Never a non-mitered cut with a B&D.