Joel Corwith

Default Spot Welder homebrew? Soldering gun?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3663

Often on sale for $130.

Joel. phx

"Mark" wrote in message
An old PM article uses a homebrew transformer similar to the one I
wound in 10th grade for my from-scratch soldering gun. A long time ago!

I recall someone's suggestion that a "real" soldering gun could form
the basis for a spotwelder - all I'm interested in doing is making
better bandsaw blade joints than my crappy Silver soldering has
produced to date. My bandsaw only has 10-inch wheels, and I haven't
been able to make a lasting joint in HSS - 1/2 inch stock....

Before I rush out and buy a cheap soldering gun, has anyone done this
successfully?

Thanks / mark