Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default A Bit OT - Satellite & Terrestrial TV in West Cork, Ireland

Hi Dave

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:20:52 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian
saying something like:

So - what should I expect in terms of satellite 'reliability' and
terrestrial picture quality?? - given that we are somewhat 'out in the
sticks - I don't want to be unreasonable with them, but I also don;'t
want to pay good euro for a 2nd-class job...

puff, pant

Sorry for the delay, got here as fast as I could

No problem !.

Right, the sat dish. **** the Sky dish,

Might be a bit of a problem - it's up high & I'm not good on
ladders... and it's raining g

you need a min of 90cm and
preferably a 1M dish. Sorted.

Oh - I see what you mean..... gg - sounds right....

As far as the aerials go; if you're in an area where all the Irish
channels are on UHF, then you need an outside antenna of the appropriate
channel group.

I'm sure it's UHF - and the antenna they've supplied claims to be
wideband - just needs to be outside, I think..

If RTE1 and 2 are still on VHF in your area, you need a box section VHF
antenna (it's 2 dipoles and a square reflector) and a UHF one for the
other channels (TV3, TG4, C6) and you simply combine them into one at
the masthead.

Easy.

...When you know how..... !

Thanks for the advice