Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default Humming sound coming from an exterior wall

In article . com,
wrote:

We began shutting off power to the house room by room....still heard
the sound.....we just shut the whole breaker off...STILL WE HEARD THE
SOUND! It's been going on for weeks and I'm super concerned that it
could cause a fire.

Most likely, if it was going to cause a fire, it would have
happened by now. More likely this is mechanical. Sometime
is putting energy into that area, and something else is loose
and able to vibrate at just the right frequency.

There are two ways to go about finding this thing. One is to
go around with a stethoscope. The other is to tear into the
wall. You likely will have to go into the wall anyway, so
why not start there?

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications