Posted to misc.consumers.house
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default Radiant hot water heating

Andy wrote:
I'm a newby to ho****er heating and just purchased a home with an older
boiler and radiators throughout the house. We're planning some renos
and are hoping to remove at least the radiator in the kitchen (possibly
the entire main floor) to make way for more cabinets. Is it possible to
use radiant floor heating in the kitchen while leaving the remainder of
the rads in the rest of the house? The basement is completely open, so
I'm guessing that it would be rather straight forward to install the
plastic tubing etc.

Andy

It should be possible but I would consult a pro -- getting it to work
and balance might be tricky.

My other piece of advice is, try living with the radiators for at least
one winter before you go ripping them out -- you might come to like
them. You put your cold wet boots and gloves and such on them, and
next time you put them on they are all dry and toasty.

-- H