Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson Dave Jackson is offline

Default Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba)

I've made some projects with it as well. When freshly planed then subjected
to sunlight, it'll turn a beautiful rich, deep red. I drove around for two
weeks with a sample on my dashboard just to see how red it would turn before
I put the finish on the project. After two weeks, the difference was night
and day. The dash sample was awesome! And your right on the money with the
tung oil finish. --dave

"Keith" wrote in message
I have been working with Jatoba this week and love the look when pure Tung
oil
is applied. The wood appears to be cheaper than American Cherry. It is a
very
hard and heavy wood compared to American Cherry but wonder if anyone has
done a
project using it. I have been using it with Maple and walnut to make a few
cutting boards this week. I'm I missing something? Thanks