Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Shipping Costs

"Mike Marlow" writes:

"James Silcott" wrote in message
Do we really need 98 posts about this topic? I wonder what good posts
dropped off because of this BS? Let's stay on topic here.

Dear Owner of The Net:

Kindly block the message threads you don't want to see rather than get up on
a horse and chastise the minions.

While I agree with this, although i'd probably just ignore the post;

Oh - no posts got "dropped off" because
of this thread. That's not how usenet works.

I disagree with this. Many news spools have retention policies based on
space, rather than time, and additional posts will cause older posts to be
removed _from that server_. Sure, they'll (unless X-No-Archive) be available
via Google, but from the perspective of the news reader application, they've "dropped off".

scott