Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default New to automatics

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
PC Paul wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Guy King wrote:
In what way /isn't/ it infinitely variable? There's a limit to the
ratios each end, but as far as I know, no steps inbetween.

That's what I meant - it doesn't go to zero.

Doesn't go up to infinity either.

BUT it can still be infinite steps in between...

But can their be? The maximum ratio is fixed, so surely to have an
infinite number the other has to be 0?

How many numbers are there between 1 and 2? The maximum is 2, the minimum is
obviously 1, ie non-zero, and as you should know the answer is an infinite
number. Same as for your number of steps inbetween.

cheers,
clive