Dysanovic Dysanovic is offline
Junior Member

I am about to remove a radiator which has a TRV valve. FYI the TRV valve I had was a Drayton/Invensys model, and it was not obvious how to go about completely closing it.

I thought I'd need a safety cap as the TRV only apeared to have a frost setting. What I found is that with a little bit of force the TRV could be turned to the '0'/decorators setting (i.e. positive 'off' position), but the instructions did not state this!

If it is permanently hot it I think it could be due to the fact that the radiator is not correctly balanaced. I believe you balance the radiator by altering the lock shield valve (but don't quote me on that!).