Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Radiant hot water heating

(Alan Sung) wrote in
:

What you can do is install a toe kick heater that is hidden under
the new kitchen cabinets. It is basically a horizontal laying
radiator with an electric squirrel cage fan behind it that is
turned on by a thermostat. When hot water flows through the unit,
the fan automatically turns on. Some of the better units have a
very quiet fan so you can barely tell they are on.

Careful! I have a similar electric heater under the cabinet in my
bathroom and it's hot enough to fry my toes when I'm standing in
front of it.

But, maybe a hot-water powered unit wouldn't get so hot, and I guess
you're not so likely to be barefoot in the kitchen.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |