Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bomb shelter, storm shelter, safe room...does any one have one of these in their home?

Here in Houston, during our last hurricane, fools call the radio stations
and scream: "They're out of water at Krogers!" (We also had dummies trying
to evacuate from areas 75 feet above sea level because they saw what the
broken levees in New Orleans could do.)

We've had, over the years, our share of hurricanes and other calamaties.
We've never lost the water supply. Most of the city is supplied by
gravity-fed tanks - the city pumps water into water towers 100' feet in the
air during the night and gravity supplies the pressure during the day. It
takes DAYS to empty one of those tanks (absent a water main break).

what if a terrorist took out somehow the water system by contamination
or bombing the water line from the tanks? system drained no
water........... bad scene.

dont lok for any help by government, they are clueless in emergencies

having a emergency supply of water cant hurt. worst is takes up space
and perhaps leaks someday