Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler sylvan butler is offline

Default AC drip pan (internal) poor design?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:46:52 -0500, Don Young wrote:
"Larry Barowski" MElarrybar-AT-eng_DOT_auburnANOTHERDOTeduEND wrote in
message ...
I can feel a big change in AC temp when rain hits the coils,
even when there is no outside temperature drop (here in SW
Florida, it often rains with no temperature drop). I wonder
what the difference in efficiency would be? Since my drip
drain comes out near the outside unit, I'm tempted to try to
rig something up.

Won't have any significant benefit and likely to cause problems. This has
been discussed many, many times. Do a Google search for the discussions.

Funny, those discussions have left me with the opposite impression. Of
course, there is the caveat that the unit may not work properly with
significantly improved cooling...

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com