Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles
Champ Champ is offline

Default New to automatics

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:49:03 +0100, Silk wrote:

PC Paul wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Guy King wrote:
In what way /isn't/ it infinitely variable? There's a limit to the
ratios each end, but as far as I know, no steps inbetween.
That's what I meant - it doesn't go to zero.

Doesn't go up to infinity either.

BUT it can still be infinite steps in between...

You can't have infinite steps because if you, for example, double the
ratio, you would have to multiply infinity by 2, and that's impossible.

It's always amusing when people make an effort to display their
ignorance on usenet.
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle