Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Top of joists notched out for CH pipes

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:23:07 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from Mark contains these words:

I know this is a difficult question to answer but can anyone tell me
how I find out if this is a serious problem and what can be done about
it. The house is a 1960's semi if that's any use.

Every house I've ever lived in has had pipes fitted like that.

Do you have any particular concerns that lead you to think there might
be a problem with it?

I'm no expert but I thought that pipes and cables should all go
through the middle of the joists. These are 22mm pipes so the notches
are not small.

And also I have uncovered so many bodges to this house that I almost
expect everything I find to be wrong. ;-)

Mark