Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tony Tony is offline

Default Installing a Storm Door

My house does not have a storm door and I want to put one in. I bought a Larson Signature Door
series for about $225 with the hardware (which they sell seperately). I am fairly handy and want to
try to do this myself, but my friend, who is in a carpenter's union in NYC keeps telling me not to
even attempt it. What can go wrong? I keep hearing that if the door frame is not "PLUM" I will have
lots of problems. THen I read the instructions and they want a hacksaw and all of these
instructions, that I think my friend may be right.

Is this really that difficult to do? Do you guys have any tips for me (other than to hire someone).?

Tony