Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Bomb shelter, storm shelter, safe room...does any one have one of these in their home?

wrote:
Its good to plan to be on your own, since Katrina proved the
imbecilles in the government dont care

stock up on water you can survive a month or more without food, no
water in a few days you are dead.......

about a gallon a day per person for just drinking.

hot water tanks are a excellent emergency source

So are toilet tanks and filled bathtubs.

Here in Houston, during our last hurricane, fools call the radio stations
and scream: "They're out of water at Krogers!" (We also had dummies trying
to evacuate from areas 75 feet above sea level because they saw what the
broken levees in New Orleans could do.)

We've had, over the years, our share of hurricanes and other calamaties.
We've never lost the water supply. Most of the city is supplied by
gravity-fed tanks - the city pumps water into water towers 100' feet in the
air during the night and gravity supplies the pressure during the day. It
takes DAYS to empty one of those tanks (absent a water main break).